Free the Geek Episode 35 with Stefan Koopmanschap Is Live!
Hey! I wanted to let you know that episode #35 of Free the Geek is live! In this episode, I talk with Stefan Koopmanschap about:
- Starting a software development company
- Conference speaking
- Running user groups
- Plus loads more!
Stefan shared a load of excellent advice in this warm, fireside chat. Here are some key takeaways:
- To start a user group, you only need three things:
- A location
- A speaker; and
- Food That’s it! What’s also helpful is a mailing list to stay in touch.
- In his talks he tells a story. But he’s also a perfectionist; He wants to make as much of an effort as he can.
- In the early days, he enjoyed speaking and did it for the fun of the talks and being at the conferences.
- He often found work through being an international conference speaker. With that he built his name and loads of people came to know him (or know about him). When people searched “PHP Developer Netherlands” they found him, found that he was a speaker and a conference organiser. He didn’t have to convince them, as all of these things pre-qualified him.
If you’ve not already had a listen, you can do so via the embedded player below. Alternatively, you can subscribe in your podcast player of choice.
Would You Like To Be A Guest?
If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast or know someone who’d make a great guest, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in...
- Free the Geek Episode 36 - Five Tips When Starting To Work From Home
- Free the Geek Episode 34 with Matthew Turland Is Live!
- Free the Geek Episode 33 with Matt Stauffer Is Live!
- Free the Geek is Back!
comments powered by Disqus